If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us in a number of ways:
1) by using the Contact Us Form on our website;
2) by postal mail at Pickard China, Customer Service Department, 782 Pickard Avenue Antioch, IL 60002; or
3) by calling us at 1-847-395-3800
What Information Do We Collect? We collect various types of information depending upon how you use our site.
- When you order from us, we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and, if not a retailer, a credit card number (with expiration date). We also retain a record of your purchases.
- When you become a Pickard China registered user, we collect your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and password. This information is gathered to make your shopping experience as a registered user as quick and easy as possible.
- When you submit a question to customer service, we need your e-mail address to respond, and you also may provide us with various additional information to help us answer your question.
- We also may receive some information about you from other sources and may add it to your account information. For example, we might get your updated address from a shipper or information on your preferences from another Web site conducting a promotion or event with us.
- We may acquire customer lists from other parties so that we may invite new people to visit PickardChina.com. Our policy is to acquire only lists of people who have indicated that they are willing to receive e-mail offers. Also, each time we send an e-mail offer, we provide people with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future e-mail offers.
What Are Cookies and Do We Use Them? A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. At Pickard China, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they go away. We use session cookies to maintain information we need to have in order for you to shop at Pickard China. For example, the Session ID cookie that we ask your browser to hold retains the ID for your shopping bag. Without the Session ID cookie, you can't add merchandise to your bag and carry it to Checkout.
Persistent cookies, in contrast, last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. At Pickard China, we are preparing to use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and to help you navigate our store more efficiently. We will use your information to enhance your site experience. However, you can use our site without accepting a persistent cookie. To do so, you should set your browser options to reject persistent cookies. Alternatively, you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, which gives you the opportunity to decide whether you want to accept it or not. In many instances, the Help button on your browser toolbar will tell you how you can take these steps.
Cookies can be used by a website to recognize you. But that does not necessarily mean any personal information is stored in the cookies. At Pickard China, we store no personal information about you in the cookies. Anything you choose to tell us about yourself (such as your address and e-mail address) is stored safely and separately on our secured servers, and you need to provide a password to access it.
How Do We Use Your Information? We may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
- To enhance your online shopping experience. For example, we may use it to recognize you and welcome you to the site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out e-mail and direct mail to our online and store customers about products or events that we think may be of interest to them. We also may send you offers for discounts or free services (e.g., free gift wrap or shipping) on our site or in our stores.
Do We Share Your Information? The information gathered may be shared with third parties, including responsible companies with which we have a relationship. For example:
- When you make a purchase, we may share information about you and your transaction with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction, including fraud prevention, vendor direct shipping and credit card authorization.
- In some cases, Pickard China may enter into a co-branding relationship with another Web site that offers you products or services that supplement Pickard China's assortment (e.g., flowers). In those cases, you may link from Pickard China to another site to purchase the item. In that case, both Pickard China and the other Web site may receive your information.
- For some of our products, Pickard China may provide you with a link to the supplier of that product so that you may get further information. If you link to the supplier's site, the supplier may collect or receive information about you.
- Like other companies, Pickard China may use third party advertising companies to serve ads (e.g., banners or links) on its behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is anonymous. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices, click here.
In most of the above situations, these third parties will receive your information because you will be visiting their Web sites or using their links and, in doing so, you may provide information directly to them. You therefore should refer to their privacy policies to understand how they handle your information and what kinds of choices you have.
Pickard China also may share your personal information with outside companies that perform services for Pickard China. For example, we may retain an outside company to manage a database containing certain customer information or to create and distribute an e-mail offering. In those situations, the outside party is performing work for Pickard China, and Pickard China takes appropriate steps designed to ensure your information is used only to provide the services requested by Pickard China, and not for other purposes.
Additionally, Pickard China may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law or to protect our interests or property. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents or government agencies in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection.
And in the event that some or all of the business assets of Pickard China are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information about our customers.
Finally, Pickard China may share your personal information with unrelated outside companies so that they can directly market their products or services to you if we feel that a company offers products or services that we believe may be of interest. We also may provide you with the opportunity to sign up on our Web site to receive such e-mail offers.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information? We provide you with a number of choices regarding our handling of your personal information.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from Pickard China and/or do not want us to share your information with unrelated third parties for marketing purposes, please submit a request electronically by doing the following:
- "Please do not send me email" or
- "Keep my email address private" or
Please click here to change your privacy options via our online contact form.
Note: Once you have submitted your request you should assume that it has been successfully received and your request is being processed. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
If you prefer to, you may contact Pickard China by phone at 1-847-395-3800 or by mail at Pickard China, Customer Service Department, 1345 Campus Parkway A4, Wall Township, New Jersey 07753 to notify us of your request. Again, please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to process your removal.
Because customer lists often are prepared well in advance of an offering (sometimes 3-4 months before the offer is made), you may continue to receive some offers after you send us a request not to use your information for specified marketing purposes. We appreciate your patience and understanding in giving us time to carry out your request.
Can I Access My Information? If you are a registered user of Pickard China, you can update your information in My Account.
If you would like to email our Customer Service Department, please click here or visit our Customer Service page and click on Privacy Options.
Questions regarding your charge account may be forwarded to our Credit Customer Service Department. Please use the Contact Us Form.
Is My Information Secure? Pickard China is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Encryption is a process by which a message or information is scrambled while it is in transit to Pickard China. It is based on a key that has two different parts, public and private. The public part of the key is distributed to those with whom you want to communicate. The private part is for the recipient's use only. So long as you use a browser that allows for encryption, when you send personal information to us, you use a public key to encrypt your personal information. If your information is intercepted during the transmission, it is scrambled and very difficult to decrypt. Once we receive your encrypted personal information, we use the private part of our key to decode it.
Your California Privacy Rights Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information Pickard China and Pickard China share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates' direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Pickard China, Customer Service Department, 782 Pickard Avenue, Antioch, IL 60002. In your request, please specify that you want a "Your Pickard China California Privacy Rights Notice". Please allow 30 days for a response.
Thank you for shopping with Pickard China. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please visit our Customer Service page.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Contact us » Click Here